Friday, September 14, 2007

another dye day yesterday

So, I decided to go forward and try a self striping dye again, this time with the Wilton icing dye. I wanted a black and white stripe. Here is the yarn skeined out. I tied in between the colors very tight so that the black wouldn't seep over to the white. I soaked the whole thing in vinagar water.


Here is the pot of black, the undyed section is draped over the pot... looks good doesn't it? Well, I left it bublling till the water turned clear (about 15 mins) I took it out and rinsed it, and the black was a sick sort of mottled purplish color. Rats



So, I did an overdye, just blobbing in the violet color... looks good.



After rinsing, washing and drying it looks good, although I forgot about the part that I tied tight, so there is a white strip each side between the colors... oh well, should look good.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: