Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sock, Sock Wars, Socks

Sent off the first pair of socks for Sock Wars. Didn't much care for the way the pattern was written, I finished them before the new/better pattern was posted. Still turned out OK and my target called to say she loved them. They are in Tofutsies at 8sts/inch, a little loose and the toe's aren't my favorite, but I wanted to follow the pattern as much as possible.

Sent off my targets finished SIP's, waiting to see if my target's target is declared dead and waiting in the mail for her SIP's to work on. Still waiting every day to see if I'm dead. No hurry MissM. The lifted increase in the pattern has been quite a bone of contention, I didn't have a problem because it's the same increase used in the Crazy Toes and Heels book.


Speaking of Crazy Toes and Heels, I thought I'd work on these, oh how I hate to wait. Turned the heels last night.
I really like the techniques in the book, I'm getting great fitting socks, look at the beautiful heel. I started the slip stitch below the heel, they are nice and snug. Here's a link to Mary Ann Beattie's site. http://www.queenkahuna-creations.com/


This is the split rib, really stretchy and fitting, Can't wait to get these finished, hopefully before the weather turns HOT. I'm really liking the TrekkingXXL, using a 000 needle, slow going!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Heather said...

oooh! lovely socks!
if only some one would kill me with socks!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Mary Ann Beattie here... aka "Queen Kahuna". I just wanted to say how lovely your socks are... and THANK YOU so much for the link to my web site! When socks fit perfectly they are a joy to wear.