Monday, July 30, 2007

Ugh... will I ever be happy

Finally, Knitpicks yarn is dyed and dryed


First try with a Crosshatch pattern from Charlene Schurch's 2nd book, frogged and frogged, trying to figure out a way to keep track. I finally got this far and realized they are WAY too big, now I'm frustrated and decided to start again. Geez.



I found a great pattern online, Beatrix clog socks, the pattern runs down the back and over the heel. Since I wear clogs all winter long these seem perfect. I cast on 29 for the pattern as needed, but only 23 in the front to keep the gauge correct. I just didn't like the way this yarn knitted up with the 00 Hiya Hiya I have.
I enlarged and printed out the lace pattern, using the magnet thingy. I check mark in pencil when the row is finshed and just use the magnet to make it easy to find the row while I'm knitting. I can't tell you how many times the magnets fell off during transit!. I also highlighted every few stitched to help me keep track of which set I'm on. Ya, I think I'm getting it!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: