Wednesday, August 8, 2007

I've got a studio!

Thought I'd post a few pics of the new studio, ha - I'm an artist and I have a studio!!! I love my Pfaff, but haven't really done much embroidering lately. Now that I have my high table next to the machine it will be much easier. See those planes? I decided that I'm not going to take them down, for now at least. Since Fritz doesn't have a place for them now I'll just keep them up. I think they add a bit of, um, whimsy? I still have more embroidery thread to get up on these racks. Notice the yarn at the right, this is my collection of complete skeins, not touched yet..the top two are for socks. The WOP and odds and ends are in different places throughout. Too many to admit to.


Here is the great table with raised legs, and the chair has raised legs too. It has been difficult working on a regular table since I'm tall, my poor back. A perfect place for the serger, under the table, put away but close so I can pull it out when needed. The roller under the table has scraps of yarn, fabric and stuff for embelishements. I still have boxes of thread to put up on these thread racks.. Lots of work yet to be done. I love all of the sunshine in this room.



Here is the back wall, the closet holds all the fabric I've got. Well, not all, but most of it. I'm planning on using wire racks to hold and organize all of it, someday.... I'm still working on it so there are piles on the floor still. Geez, I didn't realize how much junk I have. Still piles of it in the basement.
The design wall needs some work, I need a bigger piece of felt to cover it, I think that will work just fine then.


I still have so much stuff to bring up, looking for some baskets or something to organize the stabilizer and backing here. The ones I want are so expensive, wondering how to do this. I guess I don't need everything out and available, but I'm finding that out of site, out of mind is true, I've got doubles of too many things to prove that!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Micheleknits said...

Hi Martha
I love your studio!!! the quilt on the wall is beautiful. I'm working on the same block but illness has side lined me. Now I want to get back to it soon.
micheleknits@blogspot.com

Martha said...

Thanks for commenting…..the nice thing about sewing is you can set it aside and go back later, sometimes years later. I used paper piecing to avoid frustration on the points, went really fast.

Take care, Martha

Anonymous said...

Hi Martha,

Your studio is wonderful and I love the quilt on the wall too. And... nice socks in the other posts!
Tracy